Layfield is an industry leader in polymer film, geomembranes, and geotextiles with a mission to Protect Our Families, Our Communities, and Our Environment. Layfield is looking to add a highly motivated and hard-working sale professional to its San Diego, California-based team. A description of the opportunity is posted below.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – CIVIL, ENVIRONMENTAL & WATER WASTEWATER SECTORS
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will play a key role in helping drive Layfield’s business development efforts, fostering strategic relationships with potential clients and partners from opportunity lead to final contract. Candidates should bring relevant industry knowledge, experience, and a proven ability to creatively and confidently convey the added value of Layfield’s products and services to prospective clients.
This full-time, regular position will report to the Sales Manager – USA and will be based out of the Layfield San Diego office. The BDM will service customers and develop new customers in the Southwest United States region as well as call on some national accounts.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement business development strategies to identify, qualify, and secure prospects for new water & wastewater, civil construction business opportunities.
- Research and develop a list of potential clients; proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business leads.
- Develop and maintain excellent industry and territory knowledge. Understand customer and competitor activities and communicate opportunities on strategic sales issues that impact the region.
- Engage with owners, engineers, and specifiers to introduce Layfield and present our product and service offerings.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences, and other events as needed for networking, market analysis, and prospecting.
- Conduct product and sales training sessions to meet internal and external customer needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Five (5) years of business development experience, preferably within the geomembranes and geosynthetics markets.
- Completion of a post-secondary program with a focus on engineering, business, or a combination of education and previous sales experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated business development and relationship management skills with ability to identify customer needs and effectively communicate position, negotiate, provide solutions and close sales. Specific experience in California is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent verbal, written, and technical communication skills and superior presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and a CRM program is preferred.
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a comprehensive benefits package, 401K contribution package, vacation benefits, etc.
For more detailed information on this position or for other employment opportunities, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
RELATED LAYFIELD STORIES ON GEOSYNTHETICA