Geostructural Aspects of Pavements, Railways, and Airfields Conference (GAP 2019) will be held 4 – 7 November 2019 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This unique event has been developed in
Geostructural Aspects of Pavements, Railways, and Airfields Conference (GAP 2019) will be held 4 – 7 November 2019 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This unique event has been developed in partnership with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) to learn and share practical information about the geostructural aspects of pavements and railway systems.
The main objectives of GAP 2019 are to:
- Foster communication between the main transportation sectors
- Generate cooperation between the pavement and geotechnical disciplines
- Advance pavement and embankment engineering technologies
This event will be an invaluable opportunity to develop better technical exchange of solutions to shared issues in our aging transportation infrastructure. A special emphasis will be placed on including technical sessions, panel discussions, and short courses that encourage contribution and learning for the participants from three modes of transportation.
november 4 (Monday) - 7 (Thursday) MST
The Antlers Hotel
4 S. Cascade Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80903
The GeoMEast 2019 International Congress and Exhibition is one of the leading Geosynthetics and Geotechnical Congresses in the Middle East. The next installment in the series will be its
The GeoMEast 2019 International Congress and Exhibition is one of the leading Geosynthetics and Geotechnical Congresses in the Middle East. The next installment in the series will be its third. It will be 10 – 14 November 2019 in Cairo, Egypt. The Soil-Structure Interaction Group in Egypt (SSIGE) hosts the event.
2019 Theme: “Sustainable Civil Infrastructures: Structural Integrity.”
GeoMEast 2019 will provide a showcase for recent developments and advancements in design, construction, and safety Inspections of transportation Infrastructures and offer a forum to discuss and debate future directions for the 21st century. Conference topics cover a broad array of contemporary issues for professionals involved in bridge, pavement, Geomechanics, geo-environmental, geotechnical, geosciences, geophysics, tunnel, water structures, railway and emerging techniques for safety inspections. You will have the opportunity to meet colleagues from all over the world for technical, scientific, and commercial discussions.
Geotechnical, Geological, Geoenvironmental, and Geosynthetics Topics:
- Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental and Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil and Rock Mechanics, Geomechanics, Mining, and Geological engineering
- Geosynthetics and Reinforced Soil Retaining Structures
- Behavior, Identification and In-situ Test Methods for Site Characterization of Soils, and Lateritic, Problematic, Collapsible, Swelling, Soft, Sabkha and Uncommon Soils
- Design and Quality Control of Earth Structures and Subgrades
- Soil Stability and Landslide, Ground improvement and Seismic Hazards
- Soil-Structure Interaction, Advanced Analysis of Shallow and Deep Foundations, Foundation Failure and Repair, and MicroPiles and its innovative applications
- Computational Mechanics, Innovative Soil Models, Discrete Element and Boundary Element Modelling, Mesoscale Modeling, and Advanced Numerical and Analytical Analyses
- Physical Modelling in Geotechnics
- Saturated and Unsaturated Soil Mechanics
- Oil and Gas, and Petroleum Geotechnical Engineering
- Geosciences, Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Geophysics and Global Hazards
Sustainable Civil Infrastructure and the Effects of Climate Change on Infrastructure are also major technical topics.