The International Erosion Control Association’s (IECA Region One) annual conference will be held 16 – 19 February 2016 in San Antonio, Texas. Register for Environmental Connection 2016 by December 11 and save up to $200.
The host site for the conference is the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Organizers have arranged room blocks at four hotels near the conference center. They include:
- Hilton Palacio del Rio
- La Quinta San Antonio Riverwalk
- Menger Hotel
- San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
Contact information, distance to convention center, and booking links are available on the Environmental Connection 2016 hotel and travel page.
IECA PHOTO CONTEST
IECA’s annual Photo Contest (sponsored by Land and Water Magazine) offers an exceptional opportunity to showcase erosion and sediment control solutions to the large civil and environmental community. Entries to this free photo contest will be displayed on the IECA Facebook page. The top six from each category will be enlarged and showcased at Environmental Connection.
Monetary prizes are included, with first, second, and third place winners in each category receiving USD $50, $35, and $15 respectively. Winners must be on hand to receive the monetary prize. Unclaimed prizes will be passed to the Save Our International Land (SOIL) Fund, IECA’s foundation.
Photo categories include:
- Before & After
- Impacts of Erosion and Sediment
- Technology in Action
Deadline for submissions: 31 December 2015.
Enter at: www.ieca.org/photosubmit.
FULL-DAY TRAINING COURSES
In addition to the 130 technical sessions that make up the conference, attendees may also opt to take full-day short courses just prior to the conference’s open. These courses, which will be held at the Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel, offer a strong variety of topics and high-quality speakers. Some sessions are even presented in Spanish. Short course options include:
- Bioingenieria de Suelos en Zonas Tropicales
- Instructor: Luiz Lucena, CPESC
- Bio-Technical Remediation of Urban Channels
- Instructors: Jerry Sanders, CPESC and Hector Sotelo, P.E.
- Cost-Effective Storm Water Pollution Prevention Solutions
- Instructor: Gerald Montgomery, CPESC, CPSWQ, ToR
- Innovative Designs for Erosion, Sediment, and Turbidity Control for Construction Projects
- Instructor: Ted Sherrod, PE, CPESC, CPSWQ, CMS4S
- RUSLE2 Training for Construction Site Applications
- Instructor: David Lightle, CPSEC
- Scour Analysis for Streambank Stabilization
- Instructor: Dennis Richards, PE, D.WRE, F.ASCE, F.EWRI
Visit the short course information page.
Learn more about the full event—schedule, field tours, exhibitors, and much more—at the event website.
RELATED STORY: Field Tours at Environmental Connection 2016
RELATED STORY: IECA’S Free Photo Contest