The International Erosion Control Association (IECA Region One) will hold Environmental Connection 2017 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta 21 – 24 February 2017. The annual Environmental Connection gatherings are billed as the world’s largest soil and water conference and exhibition. IECA has issued its call for presentations.
Abstracts due: May 31
Key Topics for Environmental Connection 2017
- Post-construction stormwater issues or opportunities beyond bank stabilization (e.g. infi ltration basins/gardens, etc.)
- New technology (aside from UASs) such as new surveying techniques/equipment, GIS-guided equipment, water monitoring and similar is always popular
- Waters of the United States (WOTUS) issues
- Pipeline/drilling issues and/or solutions
- Soil amendments (biological, chemical, physical) for better plant establishment and soil properties and species selection
- Improving sediment basin performance
- Transportation project storm water controls – balancing roadway safety with BMPs
IECA notes that speaking at the event “provides you a platform to share insights and content with your peers, enhance your professional development, and learn from your colleagues, while gaining recognition for your advancements in erosion and sediment control, stormwater management and related fields.”
Visit IECA online at www.ieca.org.