GeoAmericas 2016 will be held 10 – 13 April 2016 in Miami, Florida, USA. The event brings together experts in geosynthetics and geotechnical engineering from throughout the Americas. Hosted by the North American Geosynthetics Society, and serving as the 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics, GeoAmericas offers a strong opportunity to exchange knowledge, develop new business, and continue to improve the field of geosynthetics.
VISIT THE EVENT WEBSITE
The conference Call for Abstracts is open through 10 April and welcomes a diverse range of topics: sustainability, highway development, port construction, tunnels, and so forth.
In addition, GeoAmericas 2016 offers multiple special sessions, which have been requested by prospective participants. These sessions are currently being developed and their organizers welcome your abstracts.
GEOAMERICAS 2016 SPECIAL SESSIONS
- Geosynthetic Stabilized Earth Walls with Clay as Reinforced Soil: Opportunities, Challenges and Experience
- Finite Element Seepage Analysis Involving Geosynthetics
- Limited Life Basal Reinforcement for an Embankment Built on Saturated Soft Clay
- Installation Aspects of Soil Reinforcement Applications
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls and Embankments Adjacent to Existing Structures – Design and Construction
- Atypical Obstacles in Reinforced Soil Design
- Lessons Learned From Failures
- Geomembrane Stress Cracking Resistance Using Various Polymers
- Geosynthetics in Energy Applications
- Geomembrane Welding: What Have We Learned Over the Years
- Geosynthetic Assets: Maximizing Your Return-on Investment
- To Use or Not: Geosynthetics in Permanent Mining Structures, as Waste Dumps and Tailings Dams