GeoMEast 2018 International Congress and Exhibition will be held in Cairo, Egypt from 24 – 28 November 2018 at Marriott Mena House Hotel in front of the Great Pyramids. The theme for the event is “Sustainable Civil Infrastructures: Structural Integrity.” Geosynthetics has a major role in the technical program.
The organizers have released more details on the geosynthetics program. Learn more about the event and register at https://geomeast2018.org.
GEOMEAST 2018 GEOSYNTHETICS LECTURE
The lectures listed below are ordered chronologically for their presentation at GeoMEast 2018:
- The 2nd International Geosynthetics Society official lecture. Presenter: Dr. P. Giroud. Topic: “The use of geomembranes for lining canals.”
- The Geosynthetics Materials Association official lecture. Presenter: Jonathan Curry. Topic: “North American Market Update and Industry Advocacy Efforts.”
- The 2ndRobert Koerner Honor Lecture (Geosynthetic Institute Official Lecture). Presenter: Kent von Maubeuge. Topic: “Geosynthetic Barriers in regulations and recommendations in line with the ISO design guide.”
- Keynote lecture #1. Presenter: Prof. Erol Guler. Topic: “Examples of Geotechnical Design of Complex Buildings and Infrastructure in Turkey and Innovative Solutions Using Geosynthetics.”
- Keynote lecture #2. Presenter: Prof. Buddhima Indraratna. Topic: “Application of Geo-inclusions for Sustainable Rail Infrastructure under Increased Axle Loads and Higher Speeds.”
- Keynote lecture #3. Presenter: Prof. Mario Manassero. Topic: “Modern Design Approach for Landfill Liners. “
- Keynote lecture #4. Presenter: Prof. Charles Shackelford. Topic: “Sustaining Chemical Containment with Enhanced Bentonite-Based Barriers.”
RELATED: Kent von Maubeuge to Deliver Koerner Lecture at GeoMEast 2018
GEOMEAST 2018 GEOSYNTHETICS COURSES, WORKSHOPS & SESSIONS
- Short course: Introduction to Geotechnical Design using Geosynthetics. Lecturer: Prof. Mohamed A. Meguid
- Short course: Introduction to Geomembranes and their Applications in Reservoirs, Dams, Canals and Waste Storage Landfills. Instructor: Dr. J.P. Giroud
- Workshop: Geosynthetics Engineering. Instructor: Prof. Erol Guler
- Session: Geosynthetics Engineering
SELECT GEOSYNTHETICS EXHIBITORS
For full trade show information, visit the GeoMEast 2018 website.
- Anhui Huifeng New Synthetic Materials Co., Ltd.
- BonarNatpet Geosynthetics
- DAEHAN i.m. Co., Ltd.
- Feicheng Lianyi Engineering plastics Co.,Ltd.
- G&G Partners S.r.l.
- Hock Technology Co.,Ltd.
- HUESKER Synthetic GmbH
- Leister Technologies AG
- MACHINA-TST, OOO
- MEGAPLAST INDIA PVT. LTD.
- NAUE GmbH & Co. KG.
- Pietrucha Sp. z o.o. International Sp. K.
- TechFab India Industries Ltd.
- TeMa Technologies and Materials s.r.l.