Last year, Charlotte, North Carolina-based HUESKER hosted a high-level, invitation-only geosynthetics technical networking event called GeoPASS. The inaugural series delivered top-tier lectures and perspectives on diverse topics such as the Limit Equilibrium Design Framework, coal ash disposal, contractor’s views on geosynthetics in geotechnical engineering, and more. GeoPASS II, to be held October 11 in Charlotte, will continue and elevate the series.
Speakers and topics for the event include:
- Shobha Bhatia (Syracuse University) – “Dewatering and Utilization of Fly Ash Slurries Using Geotextile Tubes”
- George Koerner (Geosynthetic Institute) – “Landfill Slope Stability”
- Arash Lavasan (HUESKER) – “FEM Design of Embankments with Basal Reinforcement on Soft Soils”
- Silas Nichols (FHWA) – “GeoTechTools: Application of Geosynthetics in Transportation Solutions”
- Miguel Pando and Dr. Vincent Ogunro (UNC Charlotte) – “US EPA Coal Combustion Residues (CCRs) and Effluent Limitations Guideline (ELG) Regulations: Opportunities for Geosynthetics”
- Martin Taube (Menard USA) – “Wick Drains and Horizontal Reinforcement”
The gathering of researchers, consultants, and other construction and industry stakeholders will take place at HUESKER’s new headquarters, which opened in 2016 as a highlight to the North and Central American operation’s 25th anniversary.
The company will also host a tour of its greatly expanded, state-of-the-art manufacturing and fabrication facility in nearby Shelby, North Carolina.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR GEOPASS II
While the guest list is limited, HUESKER invites interested persons to contact the event organizer, Lilma Schimmel, Head of Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about HUESKER’s geosynthetic materials and engineering expertise at www.huesker.com.