Organizers for the Canadian Geotechnical Society’s (CGS) 67th Canadian Geotechnical Conference have extended the abstract submission window to January 31. GeoRegina 2014 (www.georegina2014.ca) will be held 28 September – 1 October 2014 at the Delta Regina Hotel in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. As of Januay 17, more than 215 abstracts had been submitted.
To ensure the most comprehensive conference, the Technical Committee has agreed to extended the abstract submission deadline to help round out the key themes:
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Cold Regions Geotechnics
- Engineering Geology
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Issues in Geotechnical Practice
- Laboratory and Field Testing
- Landslides and Geohazards
- Mining Geotechnics
- Risk Assessment and Reliability
- Rock Mechanics
- Soil Mechanics and Foundations
- Transportation Geotechnics
Learn more on the abstract submission page and share your experience.
Corresponding authors will be notified regarding abstract acceptance by 28 February 2014 or before. All technical papers must be submitted by 16 May 2014, accompanied by at least one paid delegate registration from one of the authors. The paper uploading process provides a link for corresponding authors to register.
The exhibit hall and event sponsorships at GeoRegina 2014 are selling quickly. This week’s update from the conference included the announcement of three new sponsors and five new exhibitors.
The exhibitors to date (January 20) include:
- Atlantic Industries
- Brock White Construction Materials
- Cematrix (Canada) Inc.
- CTT Group
- Geo-Slope International
- GeoStabilization International
- Hoskin Scientific
- M&L Testing
- Mine Design Technologies
- Mobile Augers and Research
- Nilex Inc.
- Norseman Inc.
- Oak Environmental
- RST Instruments
- Slope Indicator
- SNC-Lavalin Inc. Environment & Water
- Soilvision Systems
- SRK Consulting
- Titan Environmental Containment
Follow the latest at www.georegina2014.ca.