“Design within the Coastal Environment” is a live instructional webinar, to be held March 21 at 2:00 pm EDT. The session will provide attendees with knowledge on the use of geotextile containers and polymeric marine mattresses for island breakwater creation. On-site project experience from the City of Ft. Pierce Marina in Florida will be shared. The project features a permanent wave barrier, configured as a carefully sculpted but naturally appearing artificial island breakwater.
The project solution met FEMA-mandated design requirements for protection from 100-year storm events.
Register today for the session.
Sponsored by Maccaferri, the webinar will profile:
- 12 island breakwaters and one peninsular structure storm protection system
- 10,700 lf of Geotextile Tubes
- 250,000 sq. ft. of Polymeric Marine Mattresses
- 100-Year Storm Protection Design
- Positive Environmental Impact
- Project Aesthetics
A non-credit 0.15 CEU will be issued to participants.
PUBLISHED 12 March 2013