The International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) Young Members Committee has opened a competition for a new logo design. A couple prizes are in play for this free-to-enter competition, which is open only to qualifying IGS members. Non-members who are interested in joining, can join the IGS now. (Note: Students can join for free.) Contact
- One winner will receive a USD $250 Amazon gift card and recognition for their work
- One runner up will receive a USD $50 Amazon gift card
NEW LOGO CONTEST DETAILS
To participate, one must be a registered IGS Young Member. The registration process is simple and it (including IGS membership) is FREE for students.
The IGS logo is available for download (link below). It may be a source of inspiration for an entrant’s creation or be incorporated within a submitted design. Use of the IGS logo is NOT a requirement for the competition. Proper use of this logo is covered under the copyright of the IGS.
Example logos currently used by the IGS or its chapters:
- Files should be submitted in PNG or JPEG format and be less than 5 MB in size
- All entries should be accompanied by a short (300-word max) description of the design
- Each qualifying person may submit up to 3 entries
- The deadline for submission of an entry is 6 September 2019
Entries will be judged by an evaluation committee of the IGS Young Members International Board. Consideration will be given to the following qualities:
- Fitting display of “IGS” lettering
- Evokes the theme of youth / young members
In the unlikely event that no submission is found to be superior to the current logo, the committee will retain the current logo. First place and runner up contestants will still be judged and awarded.
For questions about the IGS Young Members Logo Competition and registering with the IGS Young Members Committee, please contact IGSsec@GeosyntheticsSociety.org. Learn more about the IGS Young Members Committee.