Geosynthetic reinforced soil structures (GRSS) are transforming India’s transportation networks, commercial construction options, and much more. These reinforcement materials and designs enable more sustainable projects, steeper slopes, safer retaining walls, etc.
Every geotechnical and civil engineering company in India should expand their knowledge in this sector! On 5 – 6 December 2019 in Ahmedabad, four geosynthetic reinforcement experts will lead a course on GRSS technology and strategies in the Indian market. They will be joined by additional experts from reinforcement materials manufacturers and field construction specialists. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and network! More information is listed below. Full details are available in the Registration PDF.
A Short Course On Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil Structures (GRSS)
5 – 6 December 2019
Seats selling fast!
GEOSYNTHETIC REINFORCED SOIL SHORT COURSE
The GRSS short course will focus on design, construction, and quality assurance for geosynthetic-reinforced soil systems, such as retaining walls and steepened slopes. A brief background of the application of each of these technologies will be presented: advantages, economic considerations, and limitations of each type of system as compared to other conventional practices.
Details concerning the design, selection of reinforcing materials, specification, and construction of each type of system will be covered. Current design codes/standards and software will be referenced and summarized. Special issues that have on occasion resulted in undesirable performance will be reviewed. An overview of several recent innovations such as the combination of reinforcement with lightweight fill and newly developed alternative design procedures will also be presented. Each attendee will be given course notes, which include step-by-step design procedures and example design problems.
ATTEND & LEARN ABOUT
- GRSS Structure and Types
- Importance of Soil Properties and Impact on GRSS Design
- Geosynthetic Reinforcement Products and their Properties
- GRSS Design Codes: An Overview
- Limit Equilibrium Design
- Drainage Design for GRSS
- Geosynthetic Drains and Their Properties
- Construction Quality Assurance for GRSS
- Case Histories – GRSS Experience in India
Includes Tour of Geosynthetic Testing Services laboratory
- Sam Allen is the Vice President of TRI/Environmental, Inc. (TRI) Geosynthetics Services
- Jimmy Thomas is a consulting engineer specializing in geotechnical engineering, geosynthetics, reinforced soil structures and pavement engineering
- Michael Bernardi, P.E., serves as the Director of Engineering for Strata Systems, Inc.
- Ravi Kant is the Director of Geosynthetics Testing Services for Ahmedabad-based Geosynthetic Testing Services Pvt Ltd (GTSPL)
- 9000 INR tuition charge
- 8500 INR each for 2+ registrants