The 10th International Conference on Geosynthetics (10ICG) will be held 21-25 September 2014 in Berlin, Germany. Held under the auspices of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) and hosted by IGS Germany, the conference is expected to set some impressive participation levels. It is being co-located with the German Geotechnical Society‘s (DGGT) biennial conference (the Baugrundtagung), which itself generally has more than 1200 attendees; and the organizers have announced that more than 500 abstracts were submitted to 10 ICG’s technical committee.
The organizers intend to notify accepted abstract authors here in December. The paper submission deadline will be set for February 2014.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What can attendees expect from 10 ICG? The quadrennial IGS conference is an essential technology transfer point at which IGS members from all over the world combine their knowledge. Regional and national events take place yearly, biennially, or quadrennially; so the ICG events provide an exceptional point of recalibration for new products, new design methodologies, a review of current state of practice and state of the art, and much more.
The organizers of 10 ICG have outlined the themes as:
- Green Engineering, Sustainability and Durability with Geosynthetics
- Use of Geosynthetics for Renewable Energy
- Mining, Waste Management, Contaminated Sites and
- Environmental Protection
- Roads, Railways and other Transportation Applications
- Reinforcement in Walls, Slopes, Embankments and Base Courses
- Flood Control, Levee and Canals, Dams,
- Reservoirs and other Hydraulic Applications
- Drainage and Filtration Properties of Geosynthetics
- Geomembrane and Geosynthetic Clay Liner Barrier Systems
- Case Histories and Innovative Uses of Geosynthetics
- Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Accreditation
- On-site Installation Technologies and Monitoring Programs
- Soil-Geosynthetic Interaction and Large-Scale Performance Testing
- Design Approaches
- Regulations and Recommendations
- Looking to the Future with New Geosynthetic Products
The official language of 10 ICG is English.
Learn more about 10 ICG at www.10icg-berlin.com.