The 10th International Conference on Geosynthetics (10 ICG) is building a considerable amount of support, and in a true show of its international character the organizers have shifted the abstracts submission deadline from mid-May to 31 July 2013. This move has been made largely in deference to the many professionals currently working on papers for GeoAfrica 2013 (Accra, Ghana, 18–20 November 2013), which is the 2nd African Regional Conference on Geosynthetics. To give these potential authors time to work on material for both events, 10 ICG has amended its deadline to avoid the overlapping submission windows.
The 10 ICG, to be held 21–25 September 2014 in Berlin, Germany, is the global, quadrennial conference and exhibition of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS). GeoAfrica 2013, also a quadrennial event, is part of the IGS’s regional events plan to further support the growing market for and information dissemination of geosynthetics.
The objectives and themes of 10 ICG remain the same. Key themes include but are not limited to:
- Green Engineering, Sustainability and Durability with Geosynthetics
- Use of Geosynthetics for Renewable Energy
- Mining, Waste Management, Contaminated Sites and Environmental Protection
- Roads, Railways and other Transportation Applications
- Reinforcement in Walls, Slopes, Embankments and Base Courses
- Flood Control, Levee and Canals, Dams, Reservoirs and other Hydraulic Applications
Please visit the conference website (www.10icg-berlin.com) for the latest information on abstracts, topics, planned events, exhibiting, etc.