The 7th International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics (7ICEG) will be held 10 – 14 November 2014 in Melbourne, Australia. This multi-disciplinary event will bring together the entire geotechnical field, including geosynthetic experts, for field-forward keynotes, panel discussions, technical sessions, product advancements, and high-level networking in its international trade show.
The organizers have just announced the program.
DOWNLOAD A COPY HERE (PDF)
Highlights for Geosynthetica’s readers:
- Short Course #1: Geosynthetics in landfills and other barrier systems
- Short Course #2: Cover systems for landfills and mine waste storage facilties: current international practices and design for long-term conditions
- The R.K. Rowe Lecture – “The Role of Diffusion in Environmental Geotechnics” by Prof. Charles Shackleford
- Concurrent Session 1A – Containment & Management of Waste
- Welcome Reception in Trade Show Hall
- Keynote Lecture – “Field and laboratory observations of down-slope bentonite migration in exposed composite liners” by Dr. R. Kerry Rowe. (Sponsored by Geofabrics Australasia.)
- Theme Lecture – “Field and laboratory observations of down-slope bentonite migration in exposed composite liners” by Dr. Nathalie Touze-Foltz.
- Theme Lecture – “Dewatering and beneficial reuse of contaminated sediments using geotextile tubes” by Chris Lawson
- Concurrent Sessions 2A & 3A – Developments in geosynthetics for environmental protection
- Keynore Lecture – “Designing for extreme environments: Next generation geosynthetic clay liners with polymer-bentonite composites” by Prof. Craig Benson
- Concurrent Sessions 4A & 5A – Containment and Management of Waste
- Concurrent Sessions 4C & 5B – Developments in Geosynthetics for Environmental Protections
- Gala Dinner
- Multiple closure, remediation, and sustainability (e.g., greenhouse gas management) sessions and lectures
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 7ICEG
The event is taking shape quickly and successfully, the organizers report. The exhibit was expanded to meet demand and has sold out. Registration has opened and an early-bird registration rate will be available through 10 September 2014.
REGISTER OR LEARN MORE
7ICEG will be held at the Melbourne Convention Centre. Multiple hotel venues have been arranged. (See registration link above for accommodation information.)