CQA Week events highlight how important Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) is to geosynthetics. CQA activities ensure the effectiveness of the materials and their role in providing long-term service lives and economical performance for infrastructure. Essentially, the work performed by CQA professionals helps facilities go into service in as ideal a condition as possible.
Held twice annually, the first CQA Week events of 2016 will be held April 25 – 29 in Austin, Texas at TRI Environmental. The gathering provides engineers, regulators, and other stakeholders an opportunity to increase their awareness of and expertise with geosynthetic and affiliated compacted clay liner installations. This includes training opportunities in the performance of electrical leak location (ELL) surveys, CQA for different installation scenarios, a tour of a geosynthetics testing laboratory, hands on training in on-site test cells, and more.
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE (PDF)
The course and certification schedule:
- April 25 – 26: Liner Integrity Survey/Assessment (LISA) Training
- April 26: Level 2 ELIS Exam
- April 27: Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations
- April 28: Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Clay Liners and Compacted Clay Liner Installation
- April 29: GCI-ICP Certification Exams
Instructors for the CQA Week events include:
- Sam Allen – Vice President and Division Manager, TRI
- Abigail Beck, M.S., P.E. – Senior Engineer for TRI/Environmental
- Jeffrey Blum – Senior Project Manager for Weaver Consultants Group
- Dr. Robert Gilbert, P.E – The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Jeffrey Kuhn, P.E. – Director of TRI Geotechnical Laboratory
- Mark Sieracke, P.E. – Landfill Design and CQA Consultant
For engineering companies of all sorts, and particularly for firms interacting with the waste management or mining sectors, CQA Week offers an exceptional opportunity to add depth and new revenue channels to your work.
LISA training and CQA of geosynthetics complement and expand opportunities for engineering consulting and design practice. CQA Week participants will be provided a certificate of course completion, suitable for use in proposals and statements of qualifications for CQC/CQA work. These unique programs provide professional growth and multiple business development opportunities.
Learn more about the training courses in the brochure (PDF)