Presto Geosystems has served as a leader in the geosynthetics field for nearly 40 years, including being an innovator in the truest sense: the company invented geocellular confinement technology in the late 1970s. Today, the manufacturer continues its growth in geotechnical applications and is currently looking to add a Design Engineer at its corporate headquarters in Appleton, Wisconsin.
DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
The Design Engineer – Geosystems is responsible for performing technical evaluations for civil and geotechnical engineering projects, developing geosynthetic product recommendations, preparing technical deliverables for customers, and communicating with internal and external customers to discuss recommendations and results. This role will conceptualize, plan, and implement research and development to support market growth initiatives, and develop design tools for the promotion of sales for Presto Geosystems products. The Design Engineer will:
- Perform work in a safe manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment
- Perform designs in response to customer requests for project evaluations quickly, accurately and in conformance with department standards
- Utilize software design modeling tools and product knowledge for determining recommendations
- Review and approve designs performed by partner consulting engineers. Provide training on new design tools and initiatives as required
Ultimately, the position will conceptualize, plan, and implement research and development to support market growth initiatives and advance design tools. Create standards, build consensus with partners, and implement such activities as necessary to create harmonized design activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or equivalent engineering field
- PE registration is preferred or EIT certificate with ability to obtain professional registration within 2 years of hire.
- Minimum 3 years’ design experience related to retaining walls (in particular MSE walls), slope stabilization, ground improvement, channel design, and AASHTO design methods
- Ability to travel occasionally to present to engineering groups
- Working ability in AutoCAD
- ICING ON THE CAKE: Experience with geocellular confinement materials