The triennial INDEX conference from EDANA has announced a special geotextile workshop for the 2014 edition. INDEX 14 will take place 8 – 11 April 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland at Palexpo. More than 12,000 attendees and 500 exhibitors make this the world’s largest nonwovens-related conference. The special geotextile workshop—which is being offered at no additional charge—will be held on 8 April 2014 from 14:00 – 17:00.
The workshop will focus on traditional application sectors of nonwoven geotextiles: construction of roads, railways, canals, water reservoirs and dams, tunnels and other underground structures; retaining structures and other geo¬technical works; storage and disposal of liquid and solid waste; drainage and erosion control systems.
Key areas to cover will include design, specification and installation processes, as well as market dynamics and growth opportunities for geotextiles.
Geotextile Workshop Speakers & Topics
The workshop is supported by a strong, international speaker line up.
- Daniele Cazzuffi (Italy) – Introduction to the Geotextile Workshop (Keynote speech)
- Steve Corbet (UK) – Transportation Applications – Design, Specification and Installation
- Silke Brand-Kirsch (Germany) – Trends driving the nonwoven market for geotextiles
- Antonella Senese (Italy) – Effects of nonwoven geotextiles: pilot experiments aimed at reducing snow and ice melt at the Presena Glacier (Trento, Italy)
- Mikael Møller (Denmark) – Geotextiles in Africa – Experiences from supplying large projects
- Stelios Kakoulidis (Greece) – Geotextiles applications to Owens Lake (South California, USA) for dust mitigation
Further details could be found at the website: http://www.index14.ch/en/visiting/geotextile-workshop-0-2651
CEN TC 189 to Meet at INDEX 14
During Index 14, the annual meetings of CEN TC 189 on Geosynthetics will take place, together with some meetings of WGs for ISO TC 221 on Geosynthetics. Of particular note, on Tuesday, April 8 and on Wednesday April 9 the Working Groups’ meetings will be held; on Thursday, April 10 the plenary session of CEN TC 189 will be organized.
Daniele Cazzuffi works for CESI SpA in Milano, Italy. He is a Past President of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS). This news was first reported by Mr. Cazzuffi for IGS News.