TRI Environmental’s Senior Engineer Abigail Gilson is one of the world’s foremost practitioners in electrical leak location (ELL) technologies. On May 10, as part of the online Geosynthetics CQA Week training opportunities, Gilson will lead a half-day course on the state-of-practice with ELL surveys in waste management and affiliated containment sectors.
LEARN ABOUT ELECTRICAL LEAK LOCATION
Participants of the course will learn how to properly specify and utilize this growing, in-demand service. The application of Electrical Leak Location (ELL) is essential to ensure project success in the containment industry and is increasingly being required for solid and liquid waste impoundments. Water resource conservation, tank lining, mining, and other containment sectors use ELL too. TRI’s Liner Integrity Survey course focuses on:
- How the electrical methods work for both bare and covered geomembranes
- Electrical leak location method selection
- How to optimize site conditions for maximizing method sensitivity
- How to write effective electrical leak location specifications
- The significant revisions recently made to ASTM D8265 and ASTM D7909–and how these changes impact your specifications
Liner Integrity Survey Short Course
May 10, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
FULL CQA WEEK SCHEDULE
TRI Environmental‘s renowned geosynthetics CQA training will be offered in an ONLINE format, May 10 – 14. The live, half-day morning sessions can be used as preparation for the Geosynthetic Certification Institute Inspectors Certification Program (GCI-ICP) exams, which will be offered on May 14 (afternoon). Note: GCI-ICP requires additional registration with the Geosynthetic Institute. Learn more in the CQA Week brochure (PDF).
- May 10: Liner Integrity Survey Short Course
- May 11 and 12: Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations
- May 13 and 14: Construction QA/QC for Compacted Clay Liner and GCL Installation
- May 14: Geosynthetic Certification Institute – Inspectors Certification Program (GCI-ICP) Exams
NOTE: The Early-Bird Registration Deadline for Best Rate is April 28!