Live and pre-recorded webinar-based and online education tools have expanded rapidly in engineering circles. The launch of Geo-U (www.geo-u.com) adds to this movement the insight of some of the world’s foremost experts on geosynthetics.
Geo-U has debuted with 12 lectures from Dr. Robert Koerner of the Geosynthetic Institute (GSI) and two from Dr. Ian D. Peggs (I-CORP INTERNATIONAL). The lectures are streamed, so an internet connection is required. Some downloadable course materials are included.
Also, some of the courses have been designed to allow the viewer to take a quiz afterwards that may qualify them for PDH credits, such as with engineering license boards.
Current Geo-U courses include:
- Learning from Failures: Unusual Wind-Blown and Wave-Generated Wrinkle Cracking in a Geomembrane Liner
- “Whales” And Their Prevention In Geomembrane Lining Systems
- Geosynthetics in Agriculture and Aquaculture
- Behavior and Analysis of Twenty Solid Waste Landfill Failures
- Landfill Closures: Past-Present-Emerging
- Lateral and Vertical Expansions Over Old and Existing Landfills
- Wet (Bioreactor) Landfills for Rapid Degradation of MSW Organics
- Geosynthetic Applications Used in Heap Leach Mining
- Geosynthetic Applications in Hydraulic Structures
- Lifetime Predictions of Exposed and Nonexposed Geosynthetics
- A Data Base and Analysis of 171 Failed MSE Walls Using Geosynthetic Reinforcement
- MSE Wall Remediation and Monitoring
- MSE Wall; Back Drainage Design
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) Wall, Berm and Slope Construction Inspection
While accessing full lectures requires payment via the site’s secure e-commerce portal, creating a user account is free and gives the user monthly updates on current and forthcoming courses.
Visit www.geo-u.com and register an account today.