As is always the case, a crush of abstracts is received right at the deadline … along with many requests for an extension. In light of this, and to give the international geosynthetics community greater opportunity, the organizers of GeoAmericas 2016 have extended the deadline for submission of abstracts to April 10.
The conference, to be held along Miami’s renowned South Beach, is the 3rd Pan-American Regional Conference on Geosynthetics. This is the first time the event will be held in the United States, with the previous iterations having been held in Cancún (2008) and Lima (2012).
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (PDF)
SUBMIT ABSTRACTS ONLINE
KEY TOPICS AT GEOAMERICAS 2016
GeoAmericas 2016 invites abstracts of up to 400 words on topics across the broad range of applications and sectors in which geosynthetics are used. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Water and Wastewater
- Roads, Ports, and Railways
- Slope Stability & Reinforced Structures
- Durability of Geosynthetics
- Waste Management
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance (Construction and Manufacturing)
All submissions should be made through the online abstracts submission system via www.GeoAmericas2016.org.
While the conference will host some events (e.g., short courses) with Spanish and Portuguese-language options, abstracts must be submitted in English.
SPECIAL SESSION OPPORTUNITIES
A number of special sessions have been planned for GeoAmericas 2016. These are topics requested by the engineering community. (A Call for Proposals preceded the Call for Abstracts.) Special sessions, which are open for abstracts submission, include:
- Geosynthetic Stabilized Earth Walls with Clay as Reinforced Soil: Opportunities, Challenges and Experience
- Finite Element Seepage Analysis Involving Geosynthetics
- Limited Life Basal Reinforcement for an Embankment Built on Saturated Soft Clay
- Installation Aspects of Soil Reinforcement Applications
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls and Embankments Adjacent to Existing Structures – Design and Construction
- Atypical Obstacles in Reinforced Soil Design
- Lessons Learned From Failures
- Geomembrane Stress Cracking Resistance Using Various Polymers
- Geosynthetics in Energy Applications
- Geomebrane Welding: What Have We Learned Over the Years
- Geosynthetic Assets: Maximizing Your Return-on Investment
- To Use or Not: Geosynthetics in Permanent Mining Structures, as Waste Dumps and Tailings Dams
Important Dates for Authors
- 6 January 2015: Call for Abstracts Opens
- 10 April 2015: Call for Abstracts Closes (Extended deadline)
- 25 April 2015: Authors notified
- 1 August 2015: First draft of papers due
- 15 September 2015: Reviews complete
- 30 November 2015: Final papers due
- 15 January 2016: Presenting authors must be registered
Stay current with the conference at www.GeoAmericas2016.org and Geosynthetica.