The GeoAmericas 2016 Proceedings have been released to the engineering community. The conference, which was the 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics, was held 10 – 13 April 2016 in Miami. More than 1100 participated in the event, which featured 200+ presentations, 95 exhibitors, multiple high-level sponsors, 49 technical sessions, and 4 keynote addresses.
The GeoAmericas 2016 Proceedings have been published as a single set of three volumes. Individual volumes and papers are not available for purchase.
VIEW THE TABLE OF CONTENTS (PDF)
PURCHASE THE DIGITAL PROCEEDINGS
Fully registered attendees from the event have already received the proceedings through a secure, single-use download link.
All but eight of the technical session papers are included in the three volumes. The excluded papers are “Best of the IGS Journals” papers and were presented at GeoAmericas 2016 by invitation. Those papers were previously published in either Geosynthetics International or Geotextiles & Geomembranes. International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) members have free digital access to those journals as a benefit of membership. The “Best of…” papers are recognized immediately following the Table of Contents in each volume.
GeoAmericas 2016 Proceedings Highlights
- Keynote Lecture: “Lifetime Predictions of the Exposed Geotextiles and Geomembranes,” presented by Dr. Robert Koerner. Authored by the Geosynthetic Institute’s R.M. Koerner, Y. G. Hsuan, and G. R. Koerner.
- 32 papers from the Barriers and Containment & Leakages tracks, including papers on geomembrane wrinkles, liner aging, preventing whales in liner systems, electrical leak location, GCL long-term performance and shrinkage, antioxidant depletion, and much more.
- 31 papers from the Ground Improvement and Retaining Walls tracks, with substantial contributions on mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) walls, slope stabilization, 30m+ crusher walls in mining operations, long-term performance, international case studies, and more
- 17 Case Histories from around the world, featuring topics such as oilsands-related coke landfill lining and reinforcement, geocell applications in Latin America, MSE walls, and geosynthetics in forest roads
- 16 Transportation track papers
- 15 Drainage and Filtration track papers
- 15 Design and Modeling track papers
- 13 Mining and Energy track papers
- 10 Coastal Protection track Papers (e.g., beach restoration, dewatering applications, geosynthetic reefs)
- 6 special presentations from the joint session of the IGS Technical Committee on Hydraulics and IGS Technical Committee on Filtration
- 6 Stability track papers
- 5 Student Award Winner papers
- 4 Sustainability track papers
- 1 special session paper on geosynthetics in engineering education
TRAINING LECTURE SLIDES
Also included in the proceedings are slides from five of the Training Lectures:
- Barrier Geosynthetics: Durability, Consistency, Performance and Sustainability – Body Ramsey, IGS Technical Committee on Barriers
- Geosynthetic-Reinforced Embankments on Soft Foundations – Bob Holtz
- Seismic Design of Geosynthetic Waste Containment Systems – Edward Kavazanjian
- Design of Geosynthetic-Reinforced Soil Wall in Tiered Configuration –Chungsik Yoo
- NCMA SRW Design – Don Armstrong
View the full Table of Contents (PDF)
PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF THE GEOAMERICAS 2016 PROCEEDINGS