The 7th Asian Regional Conference on Geosynthetics, GeoAsia 7, has proactively moved its dates from March to 22 – 26 November 2021. Conference chair, Prof. Chiwan Wayne Hsieh, posted a notice of the cautionary move, which the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) shared in social media.
GeoAsia 7 is one of the major quadrennial regional conferences of the IGS.
COVID MOTIVATES GEOASIA 7 DECISION
The calendar dominos have been falling in the past month, as many 2020 events have either shifted to 2021 or announced virtual versions of their conferences. For GeoAsia 7, which was to be held in early March in Taipei, Taiwan, organizers felt that even early next year was perhaps not viable for many attendees, with uncertainty still surrounding travel allowances.
“The decision to postpone GeoAisa7 was made for the health and safety of everyone participating in the conference,” Prof. Hsieh wrote. “The organizers of GeoAisa7 are working closely with partners and authorities, and will announce a new schedule of extended deadlines shortly. Please keep visiting the GeoAsia7 website regularly.”
The abstracts deadline extension has already been posted. Geosynthetics professionals may now submit abstracts up to 1 February 2021.
The overall theme for GeoAsia 7 remains Hazard’s Risk Management, Innovation, and Sustainability.
GEOASIA 7 TOPICS
- Agricultural Applications
- Case Histories
- Design Approaches and Numerical Solutions
- Drainage and Filtration
- Durability and Long-term Performance
- Erosion Control and Coastal Protection
- Geosynthetics in Environmental Applications
- Geosynthetics in Dynamic Applications
- Geosynthetics in Hydraulic Applications
- Geosynthetics in Mining Applications
- Geosynthetics in Highways and Railways
- Geosynthetics Properties
- Geosynthetics Solutions for Natural Disasters
- Innovative Uses and Solutions
- New Geosynthetic Products
- Polymeric and Clay Geosynthetic Barriers
- Reinforced Walls and Slopes
- Reinforcement of Embankments and Unpaved Roads
- Seismic Analysis and Applications of Geosynthetics Solutions
- Soil-Geosynthetic Interaction
- Stormwater Management and Water Storage
- Sustainability of Earth Works with Geosynthetics
Learn more at www.geoasia7.org.