Dear GeoShanghai Advisors, Committee Members, Session Chairs, and Friends:
This is to update you on the status of the GeoShanghai International Conference 2006.
1) Due to the unavailability of the conference site during the originally planned conference dates, the conference has been moved to new dates of June 6 to 8, 2006. We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause you.
2) The organizing committee has announced the invited distinguished Featured Lecture, General Theme Lectures, 2nd James K. Mitchell Lecture, and Keynote Lectures to be presented at this conference.
3) There is a special session at this conference to honor Prof. Tumay for his contributions to geotechnical engineering and promotion of collaborations between U.S. and Chinese researchers.
4) The ASCE Geo-Institute has approved our request for 8 Geotechnical Special Publications (GSPs) as proceedings for this conference.
The titles of these GSPs are:
Site and Geomaterial Characterization;
Underground Construction and Ground Movement;
Ground Modification and Seismic Mitigation;
Advances in Earth Structures: Research to Practice;
Advances in Unsaturated Soil, Seepage, and Environmental Geotechnics;
Soil and Rock Behavior and Modeling;
Innovative Methods for Foundation Analysis and Design; and
Pavement Mechanics and Testing.
5) The conference received about 700 abstracts from 35 countries, 600 of which were accepted or tentatively accepted for the preparation of full papers. The conference totally received about 400 full papers, which are under peer-review. The review process is expected to be complete by November 15, 2005. The authors will be notified on the review decisions by November 30, 2005. All final camera-ready papers shall be submitted to their corresponding sessions by December 31, 2005 in order for them to be included the ASCE GSPs.
6) The preliminary conference program has been developed and is available for review.
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please feel free to contact me. Thank you very much for your hard work and support!
Jie Han, Ph.D., P.E.
The University of Kansas
Civil, Environmental, & Architectural Engineering (CEAE) Department
2150 Learned Hall
1530 W. 15th Street
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-7609
Voice: (785) 864-3714
Fax: (785) 864-5631
more conference information