Only days away, the 6th Asian Regional Conference on Geosynthetics (Geosynthetics Asia 2016) has had to make a venue change due to unresolvable logistical contraints with the original site. The new site–the Leela Ambience Convention Hotel–is able to hold the November 8 – 11 event on the same schedule as planned by IGS India and the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) Council.
NOTE: All IGS Council, chapter, and affiliated business meetings that are scheduled for the days preceeding Geosynthetics Asia 2016 will be held on the same schedule as previously announced. They are only moving venue. The same applies for the IGS Corporate Reception, which will be held on the same day as originally planned.
In a November 4 letter, V.K. Kanjlia, the Member Secretary for IGS India, writes:
Due to last minute logistics constraints, the venue has been shifted from Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt to the following venue:
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
1, CBD, Maharaja Surajmal Road
Near Yamuna Sports Complex
Delhi 110 032
Tel: + 91 11 71721234
The hotel is located at a distance of about 25 km from the International Airport. The nearest metro rail station (Karkardooma, on blue line of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) is about 1.00 km from the venue.
Shuttle service is being arranged, by the organizers, between metro station and the venue.
The participants staying in the hotels, reserved through Cox & Kings Ltd., the Official Travel Agency, will be provided with the transport from hotel to the new venue, in the morning and evening, on November 7, 8, 9, and 10.
For any assistance in the matter, you may please contact the following:
We regret the inconvenience caused, if any, and we look forward to welcome you at the new venue.
Indian Chapter of IGS
GEOSYNTHETICS ASIA 2016 HIGHLIGHTS
- Dr. G.V. Rao, “Indian Perspective – Achievement and Projections”
- Prof. Jorge G. Zornberg, “Stabilization of Paved Roads Using Geosynthetics”
Keynotes and Invited Speakers (International)
- Dr. Dimiter A. Alexiew, HUSKER Synthetic GmbH & Co., Germany
- Sam Allen, Vice President, TRI Geosynthetic Services, USA
- Enrique Alvarez, Mexico
- Mohammad Reza Ashgbousi, Iran
- Prof. D.T. Bergado, Thailand
- Dr. Daniele Cazzuffi, Past President of IGS, Italy
- John Cowland, Hong Kong
- Prof. Jie Han, Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental & Architectural Engineering, The University of Kansas, USA
- Dr. Tri Harianto, Department of Civil Engineering, Hasanuddin University, Indonesia
- Prof. Chiwan Hsieh, National Pingtung University of Science & Technology, Taiwan
- Dr. Abdul Jabbar Khan, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
- Dr. Huabei Liu, Wuhan University, China
- Pietro Rimoldi, Italy
- Dr. Kenji Watanabe, Railway Technical Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- Mr. Yee Tack Weng, TenCate, Malaysia
- Dr. Chao Xu, Tongji University, China
- Dr. Chungsik Yoo, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea
- Dr. Yanfeng Zhuang, Wuhan University, China
- Prof. Jorge G. Zornberg, Immediate Past-President, International Geosynthetics Society
Keynotes and Invited Speakers (India)
- Dr. Dali Naidu Arnepalli, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Dr. K. Balan, Dean (Research & PG), Rajdhani Institute of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum
- Dr. R. Chitra, Central Soil and Materials Research Station
- Dr. Ashok N. Desai, Former Director, Bombay Textile Research Association
- Vivek Kapadia, Managing Director, Gujarat Water Resources Development Corporation Ltd.
- P.S. Prasad, Senior Scientist, Central Road Research Institute
- Dr. K. Rajagopal, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Dr. G.V. Rao, Former Professor, IIT Delhi
- Dr. U.S. Sarma, Director, Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association
- Dr. G. L. Sivakumar Babu, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science
- Dr. Jimmy Thomas, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Albertian Institute of Science and Technology, Kerala
- M. Venkataraman, Geotechnical and Geosynthetic Consultant
Special Session on Coastal Protection: State of the Art
(Organized by IGS Technical Committee on Hydraulics)
First Part: The State of the Art
- Fundamentals of Coastal Protection and the Role of Geosynthetics – Prof. Chiwan Wayne Hsieh, Taiwan
- Applications of Geosynthetics for Integral Solutions for Beach Restoration and Long-Term Management – Eng. Enrique Alvarez, Mexico
- Laboratory Tests for Index and Performance Properties of Geosynthetics for Coastal Protection – Dr. K. Rajagopal, India
- Design of Geosynthetic Tubes for Coastal Protection – Mr. Pietro Rimoldi, Italy
- Design of Groynes and Breakwaters with Geosynthetics – Mr. Vijaya Ravichandran, India
Second Part: Industry Experience – Experiences of Coastal Protection Projects with the Use of Geosynthetics in the Asian Region
- Garware Wall Ropes Ltd.
- Maccaferri Limited
- National Institute of Ocean Technology
- Z-Tech Group
Learn more about Geosynthetics Asia 2016: www.geosyntheticsasia.in