Online registration has opened for Great Connections 2014! This new water quality and stormwater management conference from two IECA Chapters will be held 29 April – 1 May 2014 in Davenport, Iowa. The conference organizers have also announced the keynote speakers:
- Tom Murphy, former mayor of Pittsburgh and now a Senior Resident Fellow for Urban Development with the Urban Land Institute (ULI), will deliver a talk on how water quality rule changes impact the competiveness of today’s cities, from infrastructure performance and cost to attracting business and new and sustainable development.
- Seth P. Brown, P.E., Water Environment Federation (WEF) Stormwater Program and Policy Director and Executive Editor of “World Water: Stormwater Management,” will present on the challenges of managing stormwater runoff. He’ll also provide an overview of recent major policy changes and legal rulings impacting the sector.
“This is a great regional opportunity,” says co-‐chair Jonathan Koepke, CPESC, LEED-‐AP. “With more than 200 dedicated stormwater and erosion control professionals attending from public and private industry entities, it offers a strong program and community in which to enrich a person’s career, achieve or renew certifications, and broaden perspective on the discipline.”
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
Other Great Connections 2014 highlights include:
- A field tour that is INCLUDED in the full registration cost
- CISEC training modules
- CPESC and CMS4S review courses
- 20+ technical sessions and case study sessions
- Expo, event reception & networking
- An optional exam day with CISEC, CPESC, CMS4S, CESSWI and CPSWQ credentials exams
The Association of State Floodplain Managers will offer Continuing Education Eredits (CECs) to its Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM) who participate in Great Connections. CFMs will be eligible to receive up to 7 CEC for attending April 29 review courses, up to 7 CECs for attending the full conference on April 30, and 3 CECs for attending the May 1 field trip.