By Robert Koerner – Having closed out the four-part webinar series on MSE Walls, the Geosynthetic Institute (GSI) will continue with its regularly scheduled GSI Webinars here in October. The upcoming webinars form a series focused on geosynthetic applications. On 9 October 2013, the first of these begins with the topic “Geosynthetics in Hydraulic Applications.”
Sections of the webinar will address:
- Dam Waterproofing
- Canal Linings
- Reservoir Linings
- Reservoir Floating Covers
- Tunnel and Pipe Lining
The obvious focus is on geomembranes, but geotextiles, geocomposite drainage systems, and geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs) are also noted where appropriate.
The October 9 webinar will be held 11:30 am – 1:00 pm (EDT).
All GSI Webinars are held on the second Wednesday of each month. Cost for each session is USD $200 for members of GSI, $250 for non-members.
SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING WEBINARS
- October 9, 2013 – “Geosynthetics in Hydraulic Applications”
- November 13, 2013 – “Geosynthetics in Heap Leach Mining”
- December 11, 2013 – “Geosynthetics in Agriculture and Aquaculture”
- January 8, 2014 – “Geosynthetics in Private Development”
For details and registration please go to our website at http://geosynthetic-institute.org/webinar.htm. Thank you.
– Dr. Robert Koerner is Director Emeritus for the Geosynthetic Institute.