Infomine held a very successful inaugural heap leach conference in Vancouver last in 2013, and now the organization returns with Heap Leach Solutions 2014 (www.heapleachsolutions.com). The event will be held 10 – 13 November 2014 at the JW Marriott in Lima, Peru and feature high-quality presentations, learning, and networking opportunities in one of South America’s most active and important mining regions.
Prospective authors are requested to submit 300 – 500 word abstract by May 12. Email email@example.com.
A November 10 Short Course will also be offered on “Civil and Geotechnical Design of Heap Leach Pads.”
KEY TOPICS AT HEAP LEACH SOLUTIONS 2014
- Ore and site characterization
- Design and operation in extreme terrain and climate
- Case studies of gold and copper projects
- Permitting and regulatory issues
- Heap leach closure
WHAT TO EXPECT: QUALITY
The first Heap Leach Solutions conference took place in September 2013 in Vancouver and was well attended, with 277 delegates (from 17 countries) taking part. Presentations from the 2013 installment are still available for free download here; and Infomine also offers a for-purchase proceedings with the full papers.
Well-received presentations from 2013, and which offer strong examples of what you can expect in 2014, include:
- “Heap leach pad design in very aggressive terrains” by Denys Parra, Anddes Asociados SAC, Peru
- “The good, bad and ugly lessons learned in lined heap leach pad design and construction from the 1970s to the 21st century” by Allan J. Breitenbach, Ausenco, USA
- “Trends of large scale direct shear strength results for LLDPE-HDPE geomembrane/soil interfaces” by José Ale, AMEC, Peru
- “Effect of strongly acidic leachates on hydraulic conductivity of a needle punched geosynthetic clay liner” by Abdelmalek Bouazza, Monash University, Australia
- “On the use of geotextile filters in heap leach pads” by Dhani Narejo, Narejo Inc., USA
Learn more about Heap Leach Solutions 2014 and submit your abstract: