The geosynthetics field really took off in the 1990s, and one company that was part of that swift growth was HUESKER, Inc. The Charlotte, North Carolina-based company now celebrates 25 years of manufacturing and engineering in North and Central America. The company’s main markets have been in geosynthetics and agricultural and industrial textiles.
The company recently moved into a new headquarters and has emphasized its geosynthetics’ strength in its branding: A Strong, Lasting Connection.
“Making a strong, lasting connection includes much more than manufacturing,” says Sven Schröer, CEO of HUESKER Inc. “We believe a strong, lasting connection also applies to our employees, our trade partners, our customers, and our community at large….[And] we can do even more for our employees, partners, customers and community in the next 25 years!”
The company published highlights from its extremely busy 2015 and early 2016 to emphasize how it is both sticking to its roots and growing:
- The company partnered with the Cleveland County Economic Development Partnership to expand operations in Shelby, North Carolina. The $8.5 million investment transformed the old manufacturing site into a state-of-the-art, 150,000 ft2 facility.
- HUESKER, Inc. invests with North and Central American vendors/contractors and others to purchase new machinery and equipment, building the economic welfare of many communities across the United States.
- As of 14 March 2016, HUESKER has officially moved into its new corporate headquarters at 3701 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 525, Charlotte NC 28273.
- Industrial and agricultural product lines have been enhanced
- Numerous team members have been added to the innovation and engineering excellence focus for trade partners and customers. Additions include Frank Pace, Josh Venters, Mike Samueloff , and Kevin Morgan, and Eric Littel. More staff being added in 2016.
In addition, HUESKER has moved strongly into work with electrical utilities to provide strong environmental controls and ensure compliance for the sector with new EPA regulations on the handling and storage of coal combustion residuals (CCRs, or coal ash). The company’s broad range of materials are being used to line and reinforce impoundments and ponds, support responsible closure, and other affiliated applications.
The efforts in the Americas are reflective of the overall international HUESKER company. Born in Germany more than 150 years ago, the company’s international presence in manufacturing and engineering services has increasingly shared resources and expertise. This team effort has supported clients with many free engineering services and high-profile projects in road building, bridge approaches, soil stabilization with geosynthetic encased columns (GECs), harbor maintenance and dredging, dewatering, steep slope stabilization, and much more.
“With the North American geosynthetic demand for geotextiles growing,” says Schröer, “we will not rest on our laurels from the past 25 years. We will continue to improve and expand our services to employees, partners, customers and the community at large with more innovation, more ideas, more engineering excellence and more technical know-how.”
Learn more about HUESKER’s materials and engineering services at www.huesker.com; and, follow the company’s anniversary updates in social media via the hashtag #HUESKER25.
** Meet the company’s experts at Booth #301 at GeoAmericas 2016. HUESKER is a Platinum Sponsor of GeoAmericas 2016, the 3rd Pan-American Conference of Geosynthetics. **