The International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) supports two official geotechnical publications: Geosynthetics International and Geotextiles and Geomembranes. Both IGS Journals are among the most highly ranked, peer-reviewed geotechnical publications in the world, according to Scimago‘s list of 263 ranked journals. Geotextiles & Geomembranes, in fact, is a Top 10 publication and Geosynthetics International is in the Top 20.
Each year, the editorial boards of the IGS Journals announces the best paper or papers from the previous year’s volume. The announcement is typically made nearly a year later, to allow the field and the reviewers time to assess the beneficial impact of the papers on the profession.
IGS JOURNALS BEST PAPERS OF 2019
- Abdelaal, F. B. and Rowe, R. K. (2019).“Degradation of an HDPE geomembrane without HALS in chlorinated water.” Geosynthetics International, 26, No. 4, 354–370.
- AbdelRazek, A. Y. and Rowe, R. K. (2019). “Performance of GCLs in high salinity impoundment applications.” Geosynthetics International, 26, No. 6, 611–628.
- Yang, K.-H., Thuo, J. N., Chen, J.-W. and Liu, C.-N. (2019).“Failure investigation of a geosynthetic-reinforced soil slope subjected to rainfall.” Geosynthetics International, 26, No. 1, 42–65.
- e Silva, R. A., Negri, R. G. and de Mattos Vidal, D. (2019).“A new image-based technique for measuring pore size distribution of nonwoven geotextiles.” Geosynthetics International, 26, No. 3, 261–272.
Geosynthetics International is published by ICE Publishing, a division of Thomas Telford Ltd. Prof. R.J. Bathurst serves as Editor. Dr. J.P. Giroud serves as Chairman of the Editorial Board.
Geotextiles and Geomembranes
- Morsy, A.M., Zornberg, J.G., Han, J., and Leshchinsky, D. (2019). “A new generation of soil-geosynthetic interaction experimentation.” Geotextiles and Geomembranes,47(4):459-476.
- Imjai, T., Pilakoutas, K., and Guadagnini, M. (2019). “Performance of geosynthetic-reinforced flexible pavements in full-scale field trials.” Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 47(2):217-229.
- Mukunoki, T., Sato, K., Fukushima, J., Shida, K, and Take, W.A. (2019). “Investigating the mechanism of downslope bentonite erosion in GCL liners using X-Ray.” Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 47(1):75-86.
Geotextiles and Geomembranes is published by Elsevier. Profs. R. Kerry Rowe and Chungsik Yoo serve as the Editors-in-Chief.
Learn more about the IGS Journals and the work of the International Geosynthetics Society at www.geosyntheticssociety.org.