Maccaferri, Inc. seeks an Associate Engineer for consultative role providing technical support to consulting engineers, contractors, customers, department engineers, and field marketing personnel in conjunction with the promotion, installation, and evaluation of Maccaferri’s solutions.
The candidate should reside in the Washington DC area.
Primary Responsibilities & Characteristics
- Understanding of engineering techniques and standards for storm water management, erosion and sediment control designs
- Familiarity with geosynthetics, and earth retaining walls
- Planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Devising new approaches to challenges and preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs appropriate for accepted engineering practices and Maccaferri standards.
- Providing project specific design services including review of project plans, developing product solutions, preparation of submittal drawings and calculations, providing technical advice
- Assisting with integration and acceptance of Maccaferri’s products into site plans
- Performing hydraulic, and geotechnical analysis and review as necessary
- Collaborating with field sales, outside consultants and contractors to provide competent technical advice and input
- Authoring and developing technical papers and product literature needed for the support and the promotion of Maccaferri’s products
- Further responsibilities as assigned
- US citizenship or already permitted to work in the US
- Reside in the Washington DC area, no relocation available
- Experience reading, analyzing, and understanding common engineering plans and specifications
- Experience in estimating quantities and interpreting plans
- Experience with Engineering Design software; AutoCAD preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Geotechnical Engineering or Hydraulic Engineering (MS), or Civil Engineering (BS) with focus or experience in Hydraulic Engineering or Storm Water Management