Geofabrics Australasia has confirmed dates and speakers for the multi-city geosynthetic liner seminar series it is sponsoring across Australia in January and February 2014. Dr. Ian D. Peggs, P.E., P.Eng, of I-CORP INTERNATIONAL has been announced as the key speaker. Dr. Peggs is an international expert on liner testing, failure analysis and geosynthetic materials R&D; and he has been a leading practitioner in the field for more than 30 years.
DOWNLOAD THE EVENT BROCHURE (PDF)
He will be joined by technical expert Dr. Richard Austin (Geofabrics) and, depending on the city, CQA and testing guest speakers Warren Hornsey (TRI Australasia) or Dr. John Scheirs (ExcelPlas Polymer Testing Services).
Registration is free, but RSVP is required to ensure appropriate seating and catering.
Key topics of this day-long professional development opportunity include:
- Liner failures and lessons learned (including Australian examples)
- An R&D update from the Geosynthetic Centre of Excellence on “Interface properties and liner protection”
- Liner integrity and leak location surveys
- R&D update on GCL performance and manufacturing quality assurance
- Design considerations for landfills, coal seam gas, tailings dams and wastewater
- Construction quality assurance
DATES & LOCATIONS
Novotel St. Kilda
RSVP by January 24
RSVP by January 29
RSVP by January 30
RSVP by January 31
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
RSVP by February 4