TRI Environmental Senior Engineer Abigail Gilson is one of the world’s foremost practitioners in electrical leak location (ELL) technologies. As part of the on-going ELL webinar series supported by Solmax, TRI, and HGI Geophysics, Gilson presented on the state-of-practice with ELL surveys and soil-covered geomembranes.
The episode on soil-covered surveys–the third ELL webinar in the series–is now available free to view on Solmax’s YouTube channel. Readers can also click on the video atop this story to view.
SOIL-COVERED GEOMEMBRANE SURVEYS
Highlights of the session include the differences between ASTM D7007 and ASTM D8265; the difference in electrical signal between artificial leaks and actual leaks (e.g., with reference to the “Blind Leak” ASTM guide); and case studies to illustrate teaching points. The episode finishes with guidance on soil-covered survey project specifications.
- The Dipole method, using both ASTM D7007 and ASTM D8265
- Report output for both standard practices
- ASTM D7909: the “Blind Leak” guide
- How artificial and actual leaks are used to demonstrate method functionality
- Soil-covered geomembrane specifications