AMI has announced the dates of Waterproof Membranes 2018, the 12th installment in the annual series. The call for presentations has been issued. The international conference focuses on the market dynamics, technical innovation, and the manufacture, installation, and performance of membranes (e.g., geomembranes, roofing systems).
The conference will be held 5 – 7 November 2018 at the Maritim Hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany.
VISIT THE EVENT WEBSITE
WATERPROOF MEMBRANES 2018 TOPICS
The Waterproof Membranes 2018 Call for Presentations invites topics such as:
- Market trends worldwide or region specific
- Environmental or regulatory factors affecting materials selection
- Design and selection of waterproofing for roofing, basements, geomembranes, and other construction or civil engineering applications
- Case studies
- Materials and component performance and development including: bitumen, thermoplastic, elastomeric or liquid systems; raw material, reinforcement, additives, or pigments
- Membrane structure developments & multi-functional membranes
- Manufacturing process improvements
- Installation technology, adhesion, sealing and joints
- Performance: weathering, fire resistance, wind lift, chemical and root resistance, durability
- Quality control, testing and certification, lifetime prediction and monitoring “green” aspects such as renewable energy integration, cooling, reflectiveness, recycling, roof gardens, and sustainability
- Technical and economic issues in the industry
The organizers welcome topics on a broader scale too. This event is for all waterproof membranes sectors, including geosynthetics, roofing, membranes, spray-applied products, etc.
Interested presenters should submit a short 1 – 2 paragraph summary of a topic on which they could provide a 25-minute PowerPoint presentation. Abstracts are due March 23.
Contact Giulia Esposito (firstname.lastname@example.org) with abstracts or inquiries on presenting, sponsoring, or exhibiting at the conference. Presentations (ppt) must be submitted to the organizers roughly two months before the conference.
A significant discount on attendance (a savings of 20%) is available for registrations received by May 4. The registration fee for speakers is waived.
WATERPROOF MEMBRANES 2018 FORMAT
The conference begins with an evening reception on November 5 followed by a 2-day program of presentations covering technical developments and market trends in the roofing, geomembrane, and civil engineering waterproofing industry. An exhibition will run alongside the conference.
On the event web page, the organziers write:
The building and civil engineering industries face challenges relating to climate change and the demand for energy and water conservation. However, they also seek to introduce new designs and applications. To meet these challenges, they often require innovative waterproofing solutions offering not only better waterproofing durability but also an improved environmental footprint together with competitive new solutions for the speed, efficiency and cost of installation. Waterproof Membranes 2018 will provide a global forum for open discussion of the latest solutions, technology, performance and market trends within bitumen, polymeric and liquid membranes across all waterproofing applications.
Learn more on the Waterproof Membranes 2018 website.