The Australian Chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (ACIGS) is pleased to announce a series of national seminars on Basal Reinforced Embankments. The ACIGS run seminars will include International guest speaker Chris Lawson.
DATES & LOCATIONS
- Sydney – 28 May 2013 – Golder Associates – 124 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards NSW
- Auckland – 31 May 2013 – Golder Associates – L2, Nielsen Centre, 129 Hurstmere Rd, Auckland NZ
- Brisbane – 4 June 2013 – Golder Associates – 147 Coronation Dr, Milton QLD
- Adelaide – 12 June 2013 – Ernst & Young – 121 King William St, Adelaide SA
- Perth – 14 June 2013 – Golder Associates – L3, 1 Havelock St, West Perth WA
ABOUT THE EVENT
Chris Lawson, Managing Director of TenCate Geosynthetics Asia-Pacific based in Hong Kong, has worked in the field of geosynthetics for 30 years covering Australia, Europe, North America and Asia. Mr Lawson has been involved in developing the geosynthetics Standards and Codes of Practice, and is author of over fifty technical papers on the subject of geosynthetics.
Lawson will be touring Australia and New Zealand presenting along with local engineers at 1-day seminars hosted by ACIGS.
- Reinforced soil utilising geosynthetics
- Geosynthetics for reinforced soil
- Design approach to basal reinforced embankments
- Basal reinforced embankments on soft foundations
- Basal reinforced piled embankments
- Basal reinforced embankments spanning voids