HUESKER’s annual GeoForum events are characterized by high-caliber presentations and high-quality networking. The smaller-by-design gatherings leave considerable room for Q&A on some of the day’s most important geosynthetic topics. This year, HUESKER is taking the GeoForum to Philadelphia.
Of note, this edition has earned the endorsement of the Delaware Valley Geo-Institute (DVGI), will include a tour of the geosynthetics lab at the Geosynthetic Institute in nearby Folsam, and feature five presentations. Speakers include Dr. Robert Koerner (Geosynthetic Institute), Dr. Jorge Zornberg (The University of Texas at Austin), John Volk, PE (AECOM), Dr. Oliver Detert (HUESKER Synthetic), and Dr. Danny Reible (Texas Tech University).
A complimentary breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch will be provided.
Dates: October 17 – 18
Main Venue: Hyatt House King of Prussia
Technical Tour: Geosynthetic Institute
All proceeds will benefit the DVGI Scholarship Fund.
GEOFORUM 2019 SCHEDULE
October 17 – Hyatt House King of Prussia
- Geosynthetic Basal Reinforcement Over Deep Foundations Including Geogrid Encased Stone Columns and Geotextile Sand Columns – Dr. Robert Koerner
- New Orleans LPV 109 Levee Embankment and Grassy Sound Highway Embankment in New Jersey Case Studies – John Volk
- Load-Carrying Geosynthetic-Reinforced Bridge Abutments – Dr. Jorge Zornberg
- Contaminated Sediment Cap Model – Dr. Danny Rieble
- Long Term Performance of Reinforcement Geosynthetics for Embankment on Soft Soil Projects in Europe – Dr. Oliver Detert
In addition to the technical lectures, the organizers will present a series of short hands-on conceptual demonstrations on the first day.
October 18 – Geosynthetic Institute (GSI)
Tour of GSI with Geosynthetics Testing Demonstrations
FUTURE OF GEOFORUM
The traditional GeoForum events have taken place in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 2019 edition marks the first time that HUESKER has organized it elsewhere. The company notes that it plans to use this formula for future forums, moving it around the United States to make it even more convenient to other regions.
This is a limited attendance event, so register now.
For more information about HUESKER’s geosynthetic materials and engineering expertise, visit https://www.huesker.com.