Golder Associates has an entry-level Laboratory Technician position open in its Atlanta, Georgia office. Specifically, the position will work in the Materials Testing Laboratory and Geosynthetics Laboratory. The technician will also assist in the Geotechnical Laboratory.
Golder is a global, employee-owned organization that provides independent consulting, design, and construction services. Its areas of specialization involve earth, environment, and energy.
GEOSYNTHETICS LABORATORY TECHNICIAN DUTIES
- Carrying out laboratory tests on geosynthetics, soils, aggregates, and other materials to various standards
- Shipping, receiving, logging, handling, and storage and disposal of samples
- Cleaning, maintaining, repairing, and calibrating laboratory testing equipment
- High school diploma or GED is required. A college degree is preferred. A B.Sc. in Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Geology preferred.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required
- Physical analysis experience is a plus
- Knowledge of geosynthetics (including geotextiles, geomembranes, etc.) is preferred
- Incumbents must have the ability to work overtime hours (including evenings and weekends).
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, possess problem solving abilities and keen mathematical and analytical aptitude. The ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while maintaining strict quality standards is a must.
NOTE: There is no relocation funding associated with this opening. Local applicants will receive primary consideration.
LEARN MORE & APPLY ONLINE
ABOUT GOLDER ASSOCIATES
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 7,000 people who operate from more than 170 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.